Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Checklist Item 8 - Georgia Educational Technology Conference

I want to take this time to tell you about my experience attending a conference last year on technology and education.  I visited Atlanta with a colleague to attend the Georgia Educational Technology Conference.  This is one of the larger tech conferences in the state and has all sorts of vendors as well as educators discussing technology and its uses in the schools.


I really enjoyed this conference and would recommend it to any educator with an interest in discovering ways to include technology in the classroom.  They have seminars on everything from classroom management tools to grade books and everything in between.  You will definitely come away from the conference feeling like you learned something.  All of the sessions were informative, to the point, and not too long.  This way you could attend several sessions of your choice throughout the day.  My colleague is a language arts teacher so we would split up a bit so that he could attend sessions that were specialized for language arts teachers.  It was really neat.  I am really into using web 2.0 tools in the classroom along with Google so I went to as many of those type sessions as I could.  I also enjoyed learning about Edmodo and Moodle.  We are planning to go back this year to learn a bit more.  If you get the chance please try and attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment